• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe in Design CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, ....

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help  to get my Adobe CS6 Suite to work again

I have just had the transfer  all of the following from a back-up drive to my new MAC and I can not get into work on my files,

Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe in Design CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Adobe Acrobat Pro, I need them to work ASAP from a dead-line project.

Please HELP!

Suzanne

Message was edited by: Suzanne Cotton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

After restoring the applications, you'll need to reactivate them with their serial number.

Find your serial number

If the old drive crashed and you didn't get to deactivate it and don't have any activations left then

Contact Customer Care

Note that your new Mac likely has Sierra installed as the operating system. CS6 applications reached end of life a few years ago and they are not supported on Sierra, which was released last fall. Some people get CS6 running on Sierra, others don't, but keep in m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restoring the applications, you'll need to reactivate them with their serial number.

Find your serial number

If the old drive crashed and you didn't get to deactivate it and don't have any activations left then

Contact Customer Care

Note that your new Mac likely has Sierra installed as the operating system. CS6 applications reached end of life a few years ago and they are not supported on Sierra, which was released last fall. Some people get CS6 running on Sierra, others don't, but keep in mind that Adobe is no longer issuing updates to make CS6 compatible. It's a crapshoot.

Finally, Reader is free. Just download it from here.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't just copy Creative Suite applications from a backup drive, or use Migration Assistant. That will not move all the necessary files to allow them to launch.

You need to download the installers from this location:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

But what Barb said is also true so follow her instructions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines