• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ruby plugin crashes InDesign (CC 2015)

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a long shot request but I'm out of ideas.

I have a problem with my Ruby plugin for InDesign.

It has started crashing InDesign and I can't figure out why.

This is only happening on one of our workstations and we can't duplicate the problem on another.

The tech services team knows nothing about Ruby and since there are only four workstations in the company using it, they aren't willing to learn Japanese to figure it out (lazy buggers).

Some of the variables in this scenario:

• We're on Macs (the trashcan model)
  • We use a third-party plugin from Loyal Planning Co. LTD in Japan <Loyal Planning Co., Ltd. LCS Dev.>
  • This is our third workstation (we've swapped out the can twice already)
  • We use Japanese CC 2015

I don't expect anyone will have an answer for this since it is a rather unique situation, but I'm hoping someone may be able to tell me what I should be looking for.

I have the crash report but I can't discern anything from that wall of text.

Does anyone have some tips as to phrases I should be searching for in the report that might help me figure this out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues. What happens when you disable/remove that plugin? Did you check for a possible update available for that plugin? If not, please do.

You can share the crash log as well. We can try to analyze it. Use Pastebin to share the crash logs.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll try removing the plugin first.

It's a bit of a complicated process so it may take a day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In addition to above can you also let us know why and for what purpose are you using the plugin for Ruby? InDesign in Japanese locale does provide support for Ruby and other Japanese language options.

With your CC subscription you get InDesign in all locales downloadable from the Creative Cloud itself...

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines