• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy photos into LightRoom

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to copy photos into lightroom from my PC and it starts to copy them and then stops.  I had moved the photos on my computer and I'm sure that messed things up.  So I copied all the photos and put them in a new folder and started fresh in Light Room and it still won't copy them into there so I can edit.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

I have never used the drag/drop method of importing images into Lightroom. I have always used the import dialog and have mostly imported images directly from the cards and placed them on the hard drive. I am sorry, but I don't know how to offer any more help in your situation. Whenever I have imported images that are already on my hard drive, I have selected the folder in the left hand panel of the import dialog and they have appeared in the main screen of the import dialog. It would seem that w

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the import dialog? What happens when you try? What version of Lightroom are you using? What operating system are you using? Are there any error messages? Have you imported previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding!  I'm creating a new collection and then dragging and copying the photos over from my PC using Internet Explorer.  I'm using Lightroom 4.4.  On Friday I had moved the photos on my computer and copied them into Lightroom and then I was receiving the error message that it couldn't find the photos.  I then created a new folder on my computer, copied the files into it, and tried to start completely over with a new collection in Lightroom and it starts to copy them ... the number of files will get up to 40 and then the number drops back down to 0 and does nothing after that.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you use the import dialog within Lightroom to import the images and then create the collection after the images have been imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that but when I pull open the file it's not showing any photos.  But I know they are on my computer.  Why would Lightroom not be seeing the photos?  Is there something I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that when you open that file in the import dialog the images don't show? Are you opening that folder in the left hand panel of the import dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking Import at the bottom left, then when I select a source I find the folder on my computer where the photos are located and it's not showing that there are any photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are certain there are files in that folder then the only thing I can think of is you are choosing the wrong source. Is it possible that you are selecting a different drive or folder. I have no other explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its the correct place that the photos are stored.  I even tried copying the photos to a new source and starting over and it still won't work.  I know people say there are can be problems when you move photos on your computer, but I'm just at a loss on how to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot? Take note that screenshots must be posted from the website via a computer. They cannot be posted from your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried going to other folders to attempt to download photos and it's just not seeing that there are photos saved in there on my computer.  I have used Lightroom for 4 years now and have never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used the drag/drop method of importing images into Lightroom. I have always used the import dialog and have mostly imported images directly from the cards and placed them on the hard drive. I am sorry, but I don't know how to offer any more help in your situation. Whenever I have imported images that are already on my hard drive, I have selected the folder in the left hand panel of the import dialog and they have appeared in the main screen of the import dialog. It would seem that with four years of Lightroom experience you should be comfortable with using the program, so I really don't know what to tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying!  I really appreciate it.  I sent an email to Adobe since you can't seem to start a chat or call them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clintc46013694  wrote

Thanks for responding!  I'm creating a new collection and then dragging and copying the photos over from my PC using Internet Explorer.  I'm using Lightroom 4.4.  On Friday I had moved the photos on my computer and copied them into Lightroom and then I was receiving the error message that it couldn't find the photos.  I then created a new folder on my computer, copied the files into it, and tried to start completely over with a new collection in Lightroom and it starts to copy them ... the number of files will get up to 40 and then the number drops back down to 0 and does nothing after that.  Any thoughts?

This is expected when you MOVE the photos.

Lightroom doesn't know where the photos are, but the default is that Lightroom won't allow the photos to be imported. Lightroom now considers the photos missing, and you have to fix this. The instructions for fixing this are here: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Importing will not fix the problem. Synchronizing will not fix the problem. Drag and drop the photos into LR (which is really importing) will not fix the problem. In case that's not clear, let me say it again. Importing will not fix the problem. Synchronizing will not fix the problem. Drag and drop the photos into LR (which is really importing) will not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, and I'm confused about terminology here. It's indicated that images were moved and then copied into Lightroom. I'm not really sure what the OP really meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines