• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colorsync problem with GPU Preview on iMac

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having just got a new iMac 27" 5K Retina with a AMD Pro 580 GPU, I'm finding that if I use GPU preview mode in Indesign CC  2017 12.1.56, my spreads all display with colour profiles badly out of sorts. If I switch on "Proof Colors" they are ok.

Interestingly my page thumbnails, when displayed in the pages flyout panel, show in the right colour, even as the panel overlaps the spreads that are looking wrong.

If I switch to CPU preview mode, everything comes back to being colour profiled again - and I don't need to have "Proof Colors" ticked.

Images look totally fine on same machine with GPU acceleration enabled in Photoshop and Lightroom.

Anybody else having similar problems, with ideas on what is causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MaxHamil,

In order to help assist you further on your query we need some more information like:

Exact version of MAC OS

If you create new document different pictures , does it shows the same error?

Also when you change secondary graphic card to primary and vice versa , then check how application responds and share results.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with the same machine. Running OSX 10.12.6 and find that InDesign CC 2018 frequently previews images within documents either way too saturated or washed out. After exporting to PDF, everything looks perfect again. We have found two temporary fixes —

1. Turning on CPU preview.

2. Proof colours as sRGB.

We are always careful with our colour profiles, as well as transparency blend space set to RGB when appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the details. Would you mind sharing few more details like:

Which Graphic Cards you have on your system? When was it updated last time?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, thanks for your reply.

GPU is AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB and inbuilt with 27" iMac, not something that is user upgradable.

Are the GPU issues specifically related to InDesign, they seem to be working great (the addition of scrubby zoom etc) in all of the other CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for the information. I would request that if you can share your workflow here at our Adobe InDesign Feedback form. This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people have had problems using GPU Performance. It seems to require just the right combination of CPU, video card, processor and phase of the moon to run correctly. If it is not running correctly for you and you are not tech savvy enough to deal with changing or updating your video card etal then you can simply turn it off altogether in InDesign's preferences (or click on the rocket ship in InDesign's top menu bar for quick access to it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines