Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turtle image help

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow photo shoppers,

I have cut out the image of the turtle that you see below but when I save it I still see the white background. I just want to be able to save the image without the white background so how can I do that? Is there also a way to get rid of the canvas that it's on and just be able to see how the image looks when it is saved as a file?

Thank you for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Export - Save for Web legacy. Save as a PNG-24 with transparency checked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised there was a second part to your question. To trim off the excess canvas use Image - Trim  (or you can crop manually if you prefer)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I see the box options for Trim I don't know what to select to get the excess background gone and just leave the image. Thanks for the help up to this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see the box options for Trim I don't know what to select to get the excess background gone and just leave the image. I am also going to be printing this. Does that change the instructions to have just the image? I am going to putting this on the corner of a few signs. Thanks for the help up to this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For printing I would leave a small border - so use crop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I am still going to have some kind of background the way the bounding box shows so how it this whole image going to just be the turtle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

If you mean you want an image shaped other than a rectangle, then you can't. Photoshop only deals in rectangular images so the best you can do is trim the image to the non transparent pixels (which reduces the rectangle) and have the other areas as transparency.

See example below :

Before trim:

After trim:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines