Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow render with AE files from client

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a weird issue that I can't figure out. I get AE files sent to me from a client, every file he sends runs very slow in AE. I use AE files from other clients and run much larger files than the clients without issues. I can usually run at full render, but with his file, I run at 1/3 render and it still takes a long time to render a small change.

I use a Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 The Client uses a PC window 10, we both use the latest version of AE.

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Ah.  It's the ray-tracing that's slowing things down. It's a God-awful-slow thing, which has been supplanted in recent versions by the much faster C4D Lite.  Ray tracing is basically obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of effects is the3 client using that you don't normally use?  That's a common offender,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 comps embedded in a 3rd 'composite' comp.  The Effects used are:

1) Expression controls on 1 layer: 6 slider, 1 angle

- Used expressions to tie these controls on the main-comp to the sub-comps:

a.  ROTATION of circular  'Ferris wheel' object was linked to ANGLE control

b.  EXTRUSION of shapes was linked to slider control

2) Radial Shadow on 13 text layers (Between 2 comps)

3) 6 3D layers Extruded

4) 3D Renderer: Ray-Traced 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.  It's the ray-tracing that's slowing things down. It's a God-awful-slow thing, which has been supplanted in recent versions by the much faster C4D Lite.  Ray tracing is basically obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4) 3D Renderer: Ray-Traced 3D

This is the issue.

The Ray traced 3D render is, effectively, and obsolete feature. It runs very slowly unless you have a suitable, high CUDA count NVidia graphics card. If you do, it just renders slowly.

Unless your cluent absolutely needs the features of the Ray Traced render they would be much better off using the classic 3D or Cinema 4D render options. You can find these in the advanced tab of the composition settings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: Dave clearly types faster than me, or I'm too wordy : )

PPS: Please mark Dave's answer as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help Dave & Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines