Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashing when rendering png sequence to a network

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We work via a network and have recently found a problem when rendering PNG sequences to the network. This used to work fine, the last AE update was in April and i am pretty sure i have successfully rendered PNGS to the network since then so i don't think an AE update has caused the issue. The first error that comes up is:

followed by

and finally it sometimes comes up with the following... (although sometimes its only in the render log. )

"After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: Unable to create PNGIO. (5027 :: 12)"

I have tried this from 3 machines, i have ruled out any plugins or source assets as i have made a New AE project and comp with nothing in it and i still get the same errors. We use After Effects 2017 and it is up to date.

We have a work around as it works through Media Encoder or we can render straight to our local machines and copy over however i find media encoder slower to render and copying the files is an added process that slows down our workflow so i would like to find a solution.

We used to have a similar issue where we could not render any .mov to our network, this was resolved in an AE update about a year ago.

Cheers in advance,

Return to posts index

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a permissions problem writing on your network directory. Try if you can render to a local directory. If it works, check the permissions on your network drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Jose,

It does work when rendering locally however permissions have been set as far as they can go.  It works fine in Media encoder to the network, or any other file format from AE.  Its only with Png's so i don't really think it's network permissions causing the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi brucecameron,

What is the bit depth of those PNGs? Does it work with 8 bit PNGs?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines