• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop installation causes computer to crash. Uninstalling fixes problem

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the new Ryzen chip and motherboard. I know Ryzen has memory issues but my pc runs fine no matter what I throw at it until I install Photoshop. I don't even need to have photoshop open and the pc starts crashing quickly. I replaced the motherboard, tested every single piece of hardware and found zero issues. Like I said, without installing photoshop, it NEVER crashes. Once I install, it just turns off with no warning. Just the event log 'kernel power event 41 task 63'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do the crash reports show is failing?  Use Windows Reliability History viewer to look at the details about the crashes.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just says windows was not properly shut down on those time stamps where the pc crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting BSOD? If so what information is in the Blue Screen of death?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have that turned on and it doesn't even come up. Just instant crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have turned on? Are you writing the Machine no longer boot up it just crashes? That there is no information in the BSOD.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I have no adobe products installed. The moment I install photoshop, the computer randomly crashes. Sometimes shortly after booting up and sometimes 10 minutes in. There is no blue screen ever no matter what we do.

kernel power event 41 task 63 is the only info I can get. I've replaced nearly everything. From what we can tell it's a memory issue with the Ryzen CPU/ram access.

I'm hoping there is a way to throttle down ram use in photoshop or someone has found a work around so I can use photoshop on this pc. Otherwise I will be forced to toss this motherboard and CPU for an intel setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Non ECC Ram errors can be intermittent case crashes reboots data corruption all sorts of bad things for they can go undetected.  That is why Workstations and severs use ECC memory.    Random errors are often caused by faulty ram.   It would not surprise me it your problem turn out to be because of your machine RAM.  I would suggest that you open your machine.  Remove your RAM from there sockets.  Clean the contact points ant re insert the ram back into you machine.  Boot up you machine and run a memory stress test that runs for hours. Drink some wine with a friend while your machine is stressing all the rams in your machine.   If it OK then try using Photoshop see if  it still crashes.  If it does make sure all your device drivers are up to date particularly you Display adapters driver.  It could also be a software problem that is not in Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines