Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

move multiple layer of a number of frame

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Well I would like to find a quick tip for moving a selection of layer and the move them of like 5 frames, but still have 5 frames separating them.

Like layer of at frame 0, layer 2 at frame 5, layer 3 at frame 10 etc...

I can do it by hand I know, but i'm looking for a faster lazy way 😉

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

There's a 'pay what you want' script called RIFT by Michael Delaney.  Rift - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com  That will do what I think you're talking about.   You'll need to watch the video tutorial on how to use it but it's a script tons of people use.

It's much more functional than AEs sequnce layers function as you can save presets. choose the ascending or descending order, affect keyframes or layers or in points or out points, align, randomize.   It's a must have.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

the simplest way to do this is to sequence the layers, Here's how to do it:

1. Select all the layers you want to sequence.

2. Go to the frame that you want the sequencing to begin and drag the layers to that frame (or simply press [ key in the keyboard), If they are already in frame 0 you can skip this step.

3. Place the Time-Marker in 5 frame after the layer's beginning/inPoint (frame 4 if they begin in frame 0), press Alt+] to shorten the layers to the time-marker location (you can do it manually also).

4. select the command: Animation->Keyframe Assistant->Sequence Layers... (you can access that also with right clicking on any selected layers). in the prompt window make sure the Overlap option is checked off and press OK.

5. now the layers are sequenced if you wish to make them long again go with the time marker to the last frame and press Alt+]

Best!

Liran Tabib

www.vdodna.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a 'pay what you want' script called RIFT by Michael Delaney.  Rift - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com  That will do what I think you're talking about.   You'll need to watch the video tutorial on how to use it but it's a script tons of people use.

It's much more functional than AEs sequnce layers function as you can save presets. choose the ascending or descending order, affect keyframes or layers or in points or out points, align, randomize.   It's a must have.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all !

I knew Rift, I forgot it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines