• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop RAW and CS5

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5, and I had a Cannon 5D Mark II. Opening RAW files was no problem. I then got a Cannon 5D Mark III. Problem. Cannot open RAW files. Went to “Help” in Photoshop and tried to download Camera Raw Update. I got this: “There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later”. So I tried to do the Photoshop CS5 update first. Same result. How can I open up Camera RAW files in Photoshop CS5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

What operating system are you using?

Actually camera raw 6.7/6.7.1 for cs5 is compatible with the Canon 5D Mark III, so you probably just need to install the camera raw 6.7/6.7.1 plugin.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

If you want the other photoshop cs5 updates install the newest adobe application manager and then try Help>Updates from within photoshop c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post from the lounge to the Photoshop forum.

The Canon 5D Mk111 needs Adobe Camera Raw 7.1

That version of ACR is not compatible with CS5 (the latest CS5 can use is ACR6.7)

You have two choices:

1. Move to Photoshop CC which is compatible

2. Use the free DNG convertor to convert your RAW files to DNG then open those DNG files in your version of Photoshop
Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Adobe decided to change the camera raw compatibility page to only list the newest versions of camera raw that support a camera.

You can read about the explanation here:

Camera Raw Camera Compatibilty page is incomplete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks R_Kelly

As you pointed out on that thread, it makes it very hard to advise users on the best route for compatibility if the page does not include the first support but only when full compatibility was given.

marshallh34614811 - Apologies for the false steer - it was based on the current published info

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Actually camera raw 6.7/6.7.1 for cs5 is compatible with the Canon 5D Mark III, so you probably just need to install the camera raw 6.7/6.7.1 plugin.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

If you want the other photoshop cs5 updates install the newest adobe application manager and then try Help>Updates from within photoshop cs5

windows

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

mac

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Camera Raw 6.7 Update

This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe® Creative Suite® 5, Adobe Photoshop® CS5.

Support for the following cameras has been added in this update. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras.

• Canon EOS 1D X

• Canon EOS 5D Mark III

• Canon PowerShot G1 X

• Canon PowerShot S100V

• Fuji FinePix F505EXR

• Fuji FinePix F605EXR

• Fuji FinePix F770EXR

• Fuji FinePix F775EXR

• Fuji FinePix HS30EXR

• Fuji FinePix HS33EXR

• Fuji FinePix X-S1

• Nikon D4

• Nikon D800

• Nikon D800E

• Olympus E-M5

• Pentax K-01

• Samsung NX20

• Samsung NX210

• Samsung NX1000

• Sony Alpha NEX-VG20

• Sony SLT-A57

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As suggested, I first installed the updated adobe application manager and then after that it took the RAW update, and now it works great! Thanks so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines