• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR doesn't recognize .lrcat catalog files

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with LR with no issue. But suddenly, it won't recognize the .lrcat catalog files. LR opens but there is no content anywhere.If I navigate to the latest catalog folder to open it, LR just 'sees' an empty folder, even though the .lrcat catalog file is there.  The catalog file size is listed at 144,714KB and is WinZip if that helps. How do I get that file open so LR can read it?

Please help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

I ended up unzipping the file and all is normal again. I just never had to do that before.  It always just opened the last catalog.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture.

What do you mean by "recognizes"? Exactly what action is this? Please use the Lightroom name of the command or function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is zipped (WinZip), you have to unzip it first before Lightroom can open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zip file is a backup that was created by Lightroom. You cannot open the lrcat file from within the zip file. You have to drag it from the zip file in order to use it. What has happened to the catalog that you normally use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up unzipping the file and all is normal again. I just never had to do that before.  It always just opened the last catalog.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are working catalog must have been deleted somehow. Those things happen and expectedly sometimes. It is happened to me once. Thank goodness for backups. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I back up my backup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines