• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop MB's - share collection - Download KB's

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR CC.  At home on my desktop I will load files to sync with my mobile device.  I will pick this link up and share it via text or email as a sync collection. When completing edits and transferring the file into a sync collection I am assuming that the file is at its original size in MB's but when downloaded at the office the file measures in KB's.  Is this something to be concerned about?  should the client want full resolution images should i find a different way to give that to them? I realize image size deals with pixels yet a file that could be 5-15 MB's in size may only be in the KB's when I DL the sucker elsewhere.  I am not manipulating the files in mobile either .. simply needing the transfer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

scratch1019  wrote

Do you have a recommendation in achieving file sharing at full res?

Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft whatever-they-named-their-service

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at it now and see that the files I work on in lightroom and saved in the sync collection are syncing as NEF raw files ... and are then compressed to JPEG.  How do I prevent that from happening?  Do I have to save/export them as 100% JPEG's and then drag them into the sync file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With regards to Lightroom mobile, you cannot share full size images. That's the way it works. There is a maximum size in pixels (I don't remember what it is exactly but it's around 2500 pixels) on one edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I must emphasize that I also access this link at the office on a desktop and the same conditions exist.  I assumed the share collection feature was a method for family or clients to download photos that they desire or need.  here is a photo that I am looking at on my desktop at the office.  the file is in NEF format  I aim to download the image which gets compressed to a severely compressed JPEG.  will this always be the case when sharing these files?  Do I need to seek a third party site to actually share full res files?  Even Dropbox reduces the file size.  THanks for helping out?MB KB.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I supposed to save the files as JPEGS to avoid them being NEF files in the collection file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scratch1019  wrote

Am I supposed to save the files as JPEGS to avoid them being NEF files in the collection file?

Kind of pointless to do this, because it won't help. This still won't give you full size images. There is a size limit in Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the best way to share full resolution files would be to place the file in a zip file and attach that to an e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scratch1019  wrote

Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft whatever-they-named-their-service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines