• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add a "page stop" to certain pages?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on an interactive PDF catalog in InDesign CC and I was wondering if it was possible to add a "page stop" to certain pages so that the reader cannot scroll/swipe past said page. There is a table of contents consisting of various categories and each category is a hyperlink button. After the reader clicks a button and is directed to a certain category, I want them to be able to scroll/swipe within that category but I want the last page of each category to stop scrolling/swiping. I want the reader to use the hyperlink buttons (Home button) to navigate if possible to create the feel of an app interface. If somebody has the answer to this or can lead me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Hi,

That is not possible when exporting a single InDesign file to pdf.

Maybe creating hyperlinks to multiple pdf help.. where in your toc has buttons with hyperlinks to each separate pdf. At the end of the pdf there is again a button that takes them back to the original pdf. This would then require total pdfs to be number of categories plus one pdf for the toc. But again this is a little complicated and messy

Within a single pdf i think it is impossible unless you try to employ some hacks like sett

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's possible it wouldn't be done through InDesign. Check in the Acrobat forum but be advised that even if there is a method to do this, many third party PDF readers will not honor it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is not possible when exporting a single InDesign file to pdf.

Maybe creating hyperlinks to multiple pdf help.. where in your toc has buttons with hyperlinks to each separate pdf. At the end of the pdf there is again a button that takes them back to the original pdf. This would then require total pdfs to be number of categories plus one pdf for the toc. But again this is a little complicated and messy

Within a single pdf i think it is impossible unless you try to employ some hacks like setting up buttons or changing view properties. ( lots of auch ideas are easily seen when you google )

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Yes, I had considered the option of hyperlinking to multiple PDFs but I didn't want to over-complicate things. It seems like as of right now, this seems to be the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines