Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not saving from PS back to LR

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I recently downloaded PS & LR CC (I still have the old versions on my computer as they were loaded on for me when I purchased my computer)
Anyway, now when I edit my pics in PS and try save them back to LR they do not appear back there.
The ones that have (it was working last week) now all have a "Cannot locate original file" error message on them
This is really frustrating as I switch between the 2 for my editing!
Working off a iMac.

When i look at the Metadata of the edited file (the one that can't be located) it says saved back to my SD card.
I save all my originals in a folder on my external (learnt the hard way about not saving)
Not sure if LR is getting itself confused because I have 2 versions on my comp???????

HELP!!!!!! I have spent too many hours trying to find the answer. Need to get my work done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Carstar83,

Normally this issue indicates that a re-installation of Photoshop is required, Could you try reinstalling Photoshop if not tried yet and let us know if that helps?

Check which version of Photoshop is selected as a external editor in the Lightroom Preferences>External editing?

Image result for lightroom external editor

Also, just to make sure you are selecting "Save" while saving the image not "Save as" ?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carstar83,

Normally this issue indicates that a re-installation of Photoshop is required, Could you try reinstalling Photoshop if not tried yet and let us know if that helps?

Check which version of Photoshop is selected as a external editor in the Lightroom Preferences>External editing?

Image result for lightroom external editor

Also, just to make sure you are selecting "Save" while saving the image not "Save as" ?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines