• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aligning 2 objects as group

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very simple alignment issue that I tried searching for a while online for an answer for. I have 2 circle objects on separate shape layers, as shown in this screenshot:

I want them too be centered horizontally together as if they were 1 object. I tried grouping them into a pre-composition, but the center to composition button doesn't work like that. If I click center to composition, they stack on top of each other, which is what I expect, although that's not what I need

I need them to be spaced away from the center line evenly, if that makes sense. Is there any way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Assuming the anchor points of the circles are at the exact center of the circles, change their x-position to half the comp's width.  They're centered.

Now make a position keyframe on each circle.

Go further down the comp timeline.  If you want them to move apart 200 horizontal pixels, highlight the x-value of one of the layers, use the cursor-right key to get off that value and type "+100".  Do the same thing on the other circle, but type "-100" instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw both circles within the same shape layer. Then align layer to comp centre and you're done.

1. Draw your first circle.

2. highlight the shape layer, draw the second circle - you'll then have two shape groups within one shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming the anchor points of the circles are at the exact center of the circles, change their x-position to half the comp's width.  They're centered.

Now make a position keyframe on each circle.

Go further down the comp timeline.  If you want them to move apart 200 horizontal pixels, highlight the x-value of one of the layers, use the cursor-right key to get off that value and type "+100".  Do the same thing on the other circle, but type "-100" instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines