• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

403 Forbidden website

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so desperate. When my website http://www.semagroup.eu/ ​opens up on desktop, it seems everything fine. When I open on mobile, it shows a message: "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persist please contact website author" (I am pointing, because it may be related). Website goes extremely slowly. When I check google analytics, it takes 1,5 minutes in average to open up (again,I am pointing, because it may be related.).  When I go to check website speed via Website speed test  or https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=semagroup.eu  it shows up everything is fantastically perfect but it shows 403 Forbidden. I cannot understand and I have no clue how can I solve those problems written above. What I did try to solve (unhelpfully):

1. I solved all assets problems:

- I bought a new computer and copy all documents from old one to new one. Once I did transfer, in assets panel showed me all my assets needs to be linked, so I did so and now I do not have any assets warnings.

2. Home page slow slow, extremely slow:

- I removed google map html embedded code, because, I was thinking it may slow down. Instead I used just picture.     

- I optimize images to be for sure 72 ppi, and weight size as small as the page weight is. 1200 - fixed breakpoint property, 1150 and less fluid breakpoints property.

- I need at least home page is quick, because it is a starting point. All another websites are going more-less well but still show up message:  "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persist please contact website author"

3. Exporting:

- HTML export - I was trying to export but it takes hours. There are two stages:

1. Optimising assets - it goes quick

2. Export to HTML -extremely slow, especially pages home (domov), realisations (realizacie), about us (o nas). These three take around one hour or 1,5 hour. I am really desperate. Then after, finally it export rest pages normal speed (30 pages, so total is 33 pages). Then it stops at 89% and takes again hour or two hours being kinda look like freeze but the preloader is working. Then it finally finish and I am able to upload files to FileZilla. I have to note, I have the very new MacBook Pro 15-inch touch bar, the best you can buy (there is no better technology nowadays, so I assume my computer is not slow). My internet connection is perfect. My muse version is the newest one.

What am I doing wrong? I do not even know what can cause these 403 Forbidden website (to me it doest show, but I assume It shows to websites visitors) plus extremely slow http://www.semagroup.eu/​ opens up (on any device) plus the message  "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persist please contact website author". I am really desperate where to start to solve, It already takes me days and I tried I guess everything what is in my knowledge.

Thanks everyone for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

I can not see your site at all. 403 Forbidden can appear for three reasons.

Incorrect name of the index file (I do not think this is your case).

Incorrect rights to site folders on your hosting (this is most likely).

You uploaded the site files to the wrong folder (this is possible).

30 pages (depending on what) can be quite a lot for the Muse site. Judging by the long export time, you have overloaded these pages with content or using too many breakpoints.

Personally, I would not make a site on Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not see your site at all. 403 Forbidden can appear for three reasons.

Incorrect name of the index file (I do not think this is your case).

Incorrect rights to site folders on your hosting (this is most likely).

You uploaded the site files to the wrong folder (this is possible).

30 pages (depending on what) can be quite a lot for the Muse site. Judging by the long export time, you have overloaded these pages with content or using too many breakpoints.

Personally, I would not make a site on Muse more than 10 pages with a minimum amount of content and widgets on each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very thanks for your advices. Yes, it was wrongly uploaded. You got me at the point. Error does not show anymore. Also I managed to solve a message about missing files . Now I need to work on web speed. I did not know that breakpoints may slow down loading but when I am stopping around an idea, yes, it makes sense. I have breakpoint for each 50px from 300px to 1200px, it would be probably the issue I have to manage. Once more, very thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neaul  wrote

I have breakpoint for each 50px from 300px to 1200px,

wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope, fotoroeder can look here and give a link to the topic in which the breakpoints were discussed. I did not keep that link myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel Homeriki​, do you think about this? Muse not redirecting to tablet version​.

That`s when you opened my mind about the whole situation with muse.

Especially this was interesting for me: http://dl4.joxi.net/drive/2017/03/20/0008/0401/545169/69/bd814a9775.gif

But maybe you think more to my main question, that everybody should have in mind before or at least during starting a website:

This is just the complete wording I just copied and pasted here:

the main decision from the beginning is, decide for

1) alternative layouts,

- then one must stick with fixed layouts for each device,

- keep with the smallest available size/default sizes

(desktop 960/1160 px, tablet 768 px, phone 380 px)

or

decide for

2) responsive layout

- choose between fixed or fluid design

- use screen sizes/breakpoints as you like

- keep this responsiveness from desktop to mobile devices

- use fixed width breakpoints, in order to work with scroll effects

- use fluid width breakpoints – try to work with responsive content as much as possible – no scroll effects

(it`s greyed out anyway with fluid width bp´s)

- alternative between scroll effects/fixed width bp´s or fluid width bp´s for desktop

(size taller than 960 px width) ...

- ... and fluid width for mobile devices (tablet, in this meaning is mobile device as well)

until the minimum size of 320 px width for phone is possible.

The reasons in detail might be, that browsers in general, and decisions of the certain devices (which layout should I use now?)

is tricky, changing all the time from browser to browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8 to IE 10 or higher).

Is it that, what you recommend? Did I get the message? I kept you in mind, saying this in several threads already?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Hi https://forums.adobe.com/people/Pavel+Homeriki , do you think about this? Muse not redirecting to tablet version .

That`s when you opened my mind about the whole situation with muse.

Especially this was interesting for me: http://dl4.joxi.net/drive/2017/03/20/0008/0401/545169/69/bd814a9775.gif

Thank you so much.

Is it that, what you recommend?

I'm afraid that what I can recommend is not relevant to this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it that, what you recommend?

I'm afraid that what I can recommend is not relevant to this forum

What was the topic about? Beside the fact that breakpoints in distance of 50 px are useless, how can I help here?

The 403 Error is pretty much ugly enough.

Does this recently discussed widget from VexShad​ help here? With this "some files are missing" issue?

I, personally can not reach the page : 403

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we had some misunderstandings due to the language barrier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines