• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Library Settings not allowing me to save layers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save my work to a Creative Cloud Library, I am not allowed to save the layers or smart objects... how can I adjust this setting.  I've tried the Photoshop preferences, Window, and View tabs, but I don't see a way to change these settings.  I've attached a screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help!Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 12.13.45 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

You are very welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you show your layers panel

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Yes, I can see my layers panel....Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 2.44.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was asking to see the layers panel and the layers to see whether it contained smart objects and layers styles to save. The two layers you show in your screenshot are neither, but the scroll-bar suggest there are more.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry... I think you are seeing a document scroll bar I have open behind Photoshop.  The scroll bar in Photoshop just scrolls through the layers I have in my open image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the layers in your layer panel for your open image that we need to see.

This shows we are not seeing them all.

I was trying to see if there actually any layer styles and smart objects in your layers panel to save to the library. If the smart objects are already linked to the cloud then they will not be available to save.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OHHHHH, I see what you are saying... hmmm.... so maybe my layers are not layer styles and I know I don't have smart objects as I don't know what they are.  If I did have an image that had layer styles and smart objects, then those choices would be available.

Okay, thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe my layers are not layer styles

Correct! Layer styles are added to a layer by click the fx button at the bottom of the Layers panel, and picking choices from this list, and a Smart Object has the gray badge shown on the moon layer.

Photoshop CCss_010.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are very welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A layer style is something that can be added to a layer - e.g. a drop shadow or an outer glow. You can see the layer style options by right clicking on a layer and choosing "Blending Options" from the menu that opens.

Then you will get the layer styles dialogue.

This may help you:

Layer effects and styles in Adobe Photoshop

A smart object is a container. It looks like a layer and acts like a layer but can contain a whole set of layers within it. It can also be linked to the contents of another document or to a library so that when the other document is updated your layer updates. To open the contents you double click on the smart object in the layers panel.

I have shown some types below (see the small symbol in the corner of the layer icon)

Again , this may help you:

Work with Smart Objects in Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Libraries know what you are trying to add to them. This text has a typeface, size and style (Font) and a Color. When I try to add it, those two are checked.

Photoshop CCss_006.png

If I add a Bevel (a layer style) and add it again, it checks that one too!Photoshop CCss_008.png

If I convert the text object to a smart object (visible by the gray badge in my layers panel), and try to add it, it knows that as well.

Photoshop CCss_009.png

The library knows what properties are currently applied to what we are trying to add, even if we don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines