• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit incoming/outgoing velocity influence in graph editor.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

Today's problem is one that's been bugging me since I started using AE. It seems to routinely occur when I'm trying to edit multiple keyframes' velocity in the speed graph editor.

In the image below, I'm attempting to match the outgoing/incoming velocity influence of 20 keyframes. I select the keyframes in the GE, double-click on one of them, and in the dialog box I enter the values I want. Easy right? By the book, right?

Well, for some reason, the graph editor just seems to ignore my input — entirely. The curves don't change, but what's even more frustrating is that when I repeat the process (select the KF's, double click, dialogue box) the dialogue box shows the correct values. The animation and GE do not however.

I'm not using any plugins, and the only keyframes are basic Position, Scale, and Rotation parameters.

A quick work-around I've found is to select each parameter individually and input the values repeatedly for each one, but even with a comp of 6 layers at 30 seconds that's a lot of repetition I'd rather avoid.

I appreciate any direction on this as it's become quite the pain and I can't find answers anywhere.

Screenshot 2017-07-25 09.53.42.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

I think you'll find this is a longstanding 'lack of feature' in AE.

Here's the form to fill in : )  Adobe wish

In the meantime there is a script at AEScripts.com that might help you out:  Keyframe Velocity Changer

I've not tried it myself - so buyer beware. There maybe other scripts / options that I'm not aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you'll find this is a longstanding 'lack of feature' in AE.

Here's the form to fill in : )  Adobe wish

In the meantime there is a script at AEScripts.com that might help you out:  Keyframe Velocity Changer

I've not tried it myself - so buyer beware. There maybe other scripts / options that I'm not aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines