• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day  

I am at breaking point, desperate and need assistance.

I am using a Dell laptop with the following specs-

Windows 8.1 Pro Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU N2830 @2.6GHz 2.1 GHz

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I am using Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5 | Build 974616 | Camera Raw 8.6  

So basically I had a large catalog that I estimate had over 1000 images.

I shoot with a Nikon D7100 (RAW format 95% of the time) with an 8GB Eye-Fi SD card.

After every shoot, I would import the RAW images into Lightroom and delete the images from the SD card in preparation for the next shoot. This worked fine for almost 1.5 years with no issues until about 3 weeks ago. I opened Lightroom and ALL the thumbnails were not displaying as usual.

The error read:- “Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo”.

When I try to import RAW images the error message I get in the previews is:- “Preview unavailable for this file.”

Screenshot 2017-07-25 22.16.21.png

I have also tried to open the files in Explorer to no avail. I have included an example of a file that won't open in this DropBox link (Dropbox - LR File Not Opening )

What may be the issue? Are my Raw images corrupted? If Yes, how and why did this happen. Most importantly how do I resolve it?

Your help and assistance will be greatly appreciated as I feel I have lost my clients files and am powerless on what to do next.

One particular client has been waiting on me for 3 weeks and desperately needs me to deliver her pictures.

Please help me in recovering these files.

Thank you!

Ddaze.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

I didn't try to load the file into Lightroom, but I tried to open it in Camera Raw. There's something wrong with the file. Here is a message that came up in Bridge:

Capture.JPG

I use a D7100, so I know Lightroom handles the NEF files just fine. I tried using the utility that fixes corrupted NEF files, but it didn't do anything. Something is wrong, but I don't know what it is. I did check the file, and it wasn't marked as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't try to load the file into Lightroom, but I tried to open it in Camera Raw. There's something wrong with the file. Here is a message that came up in Bridge:

Capture.JPG

I use a D7100, so I know Lightroom handles the NEF files just fine. I tried using the utility that fixes corrupted NEF files, but it didn't do anything. Something is wrong, but I don't know what it is. I did check the file, and it wasn't marked as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a corrupted file. It is unlikely you will be able to use it. You need to restore the photo from your backups, and see if that one is usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines