Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Labels not showing up on other computer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need some help here.  When I make color labels in Lightroom and then open the catalog on another computer, the labels aren't there.  This is also the same the other way around.  I can't think of how to fix this.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

In Library make sure the "Color Label Set" is the same on both computers.  Otherwise the Labels will just be white.  Labels depend on the name and not the color.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 4.38.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Library make sure the "Color Label Set" is the same on both computers.  Otherwise the Labels will just be white.  Labels depend on the name and not the color.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 4.38.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks bob I'll try this.  Fingers crossed it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are not the same COLOR LABEL SETS on both computers you will have to do a little more work to straighten out the issue besides just making them the same COLOR LABEL SET.  If this is the issue I can tell you how to resolve the problem in another message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

In reply to your 2017 very helpful Post:

I have the same issue. Laptop LR Classic 10.3 Mojave OSX,  using LR 'Default'  Color Label Set but Mac Desktop running LR 9.4  using the 'Bridge Default' Colkor Label Set on High Sierra. I must have changed the way I like to use Color Labels and don't know why I am using the Bridge set.other than the Bridge set has 'Names' for the Colors like 'Select', 'Approved' 'To Do' etc and I must have like that instead of the Default Set just ascribing a 'Number' to a 'Color'.

I know - I need to upgrade the Cheese Grater and have a newer system but the transfer 'downtime'  is scaring me having so much software / pluguns etc!

So what I would like to do is change the laptop to the Bridge Default as I only use LR on the laptop for tethered shoots and some retouching in-studio.

I would be very grateful if you could advise how to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines