Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying photos from lightroom mobile to local hard drive

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use lightroom mobile on my iPhone and the photos sync through to the copy of lightroom on my desktop as they should. I'd like to be able to create a backup copy of these on the physical hard drive of the mac separate from the copy in lightroom mobile, in case anything happens to my iPhone - that way they'd be picked up on the mac's regular time machine backup (or I could copy off the raw images onto a DVD if I chose).

What is the best practice way to do this?

Best wishes

andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Just to be a bit more precise, on the Lightroom mobile tab in Preferences (Lightroom>Preferences on Mac, Edit>Preferences on PC), in the Location section you specify where the photos synced from LrM will be stored on your hard drive. By default they are stored in a .lrdata database in your user folder. I recommend changing this to instead store them with the rest of your photos. Changing this setting will change the location for future syncs. For past ones, use the Folders panel in the Library m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are synced to your local harddrive.  You can specify where in settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be a bit more precise, on the Lightroom mobile tab in Preferences (Lightroom>Preferences on Mac, Edit>Preferences on PC), in the Location section you specify where the photos synced from LrM will be stored on your hard drive. By default they are stored in a .lrdata database in your user folder. I recommend changing this to instead store them with the rest of your photos. Changing this setting will change the location for future syncs. For past ones, use the Folders panel in the Library module to drag them where you'd like to store them. (Here's more information on how to use the Folders panel in Lightroom to reorganize your photos and f....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines