Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Error Codes ( 3::6 ) OSX10.12 AE14.2

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone

Is there a comprehensive list of error codes for AE anywhere that is active and that I can be directed too? Some sort of god list?

Secondly the error code I'm currently seeing is ( 3::6 ) when trying to read an AE project 8 levels deep.

When attempting to import the file it provides an error window stating 'Unable to import /path/to/item/ bad format or not readable

The closest error code i can get to is the one quoted in this link as ( 3::0 😞

After Effects CC (April 2017) In-Depth: Bug Fixes and Miscellaneous Changes | Creative Cloud blog by...

Ive also looked in the following locations:

errores en after effect y posibles causas. (parte 2) - Taringa!

http://ww12.myleniumerrors.com/ (Which is dead link)

After Effects error codes | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Can anyone shed some light?

Current AE version: 14.2.1

Current OS: 10.12 Sierra

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without detailed information about the project nobody can tell you much. Those numeric codes by themselves don't mean much because they can come up under a million circumstances, so context does matter. You won't find any "comprehensive" lists. My site (myleniumerrors) was probably as good as it gets, but it never paid off, so I scrapped it for good.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi firespasm,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this exact problem. Dissapointed to see that there isn't a solution list here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into the 3 :: 6 error when trying to render out a 14 layer PNG sequence. Ended up that my PNG sequence had failed from the disk being full but still outputed empty files so it failed to read them and threw th error. 

So pretty much check to see if the disk you rendered your PNG sequence to isn't full. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines