• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects and CUDA problem

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've a AE 14.2.1 and a GTX 1080TI gpu and a 64gb RAM pc.
When I try to install CUDA 8 toolkit it tells me that my gpu isn't supported!! i made sure and all drivers are installed.

In addition, my preview is so slow even though I made sure that I gav 55gb RAM from memory, in the preview tab I selected Ray-Tracing via the GPU and CUDA appears available (but as i said above when i install CUDA 8 it tells me no graphic card is supported)

So I cant believe that my PC can do a 30 frams/sec 10 seconds video and still lagging !! There must be something wrong !!
Please HELP ME

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using Ray Tracing.  It is basically a dead feature.  It was slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what should i do to make it work normally?

i dont think that my pc cant run a 30 fps 10 seconds vide normally!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you do not install the CUDA drivers. If you have the latest version of AE you can use the C4D rendering engine to enable extruding and bending layers, but it will be slow. If you have an older version of AE then you're stuck with extremely long render times and very slow performance. I still have not used the extrusion or bending features on any project I have done for a client because it's just to slow and limiting. If you do use anything other than the Classic 3D renderer be sure and read about the disabled features like effects, track mattes, blend modes and other things that severely limit the kind of compositing you can do with the other rendering engines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ahmada,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No im not !!!! Im paying every month for adobe !

For nothing !!!

Its not solved !!!! Untill now!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines