• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Photography Plan because I've already had Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.23.57 AM.png
Hi gang. A couple of years ago when I had a way better job, I had the entire Creative Cloud package. I cancelled it a year ago though, but apparently I'm not eligible to subscribe to the Photography plan (which were the apps I used most frequently) because they're included in the Creative Cloud package and I-should-just-buy-that-again. I probably WILL upgrade if I manage to procure a steady income again, and I understand upselling and whatnot, but it's just not feasible right now, and really Adobe, wouldn't you rather have SOME of my money than none? Anyone know a way around this? I've attached a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to pay for the photography plan... thanks.

(Sorry if this question's been asked a million times -- maybe I was searching the wrong terms? Please don't be mean -- I tried.)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a different email address and create a new Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of that, but seriously, is there a less obtuse way to do it? I only have the one email account, and it would be nice to keep it on the account I've been using, if possible, since it already has all my credit card info and whatnot. It really does seem silly that they won't let you buy one product because you've had a taste of the good stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried there first. They didn't even understand my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MAY work is to remove everything Adobe from your computer and start over, so the purchasing program doesn't "see" anything on your computer indicating a previous subscription

Sign out of your account... Uninstall... run the Cleaner...

-for non-Cloud programs you need to DE-activate before uninstalling

-https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activate-deactivate-products.html

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html (and uninstall)

-using the cleaner after uninstalling and before reinstalling is often needed

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Restart your computer... Sign in to your account... see if purchasing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dang -- such a good thought, but still no dice. I think it goes by your purchase history rather than what it "sees" on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines