• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated layers extends the edges of my image, help?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent alot of time re-fining the edges of my keyed out subject, however every time I duplicate my layer, it extends my edges by a fraction creating a black outline around my subject which grows larger with each copy.  Shouldn't the duplicate be exactly like the original?  How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is normal because of anti-aliasing (semi transparent pixels) around the edges. please explain what are you trying to accomplish so we may give you workflow advice. if needed, show some screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried pre-composing the layer & duplicating the composition?   It seems reasonably logical that a duplicated layer would be identical but After Effects does everything halfway & backwards so....I wish I could give more advice but I don't have a ton of experience with keying.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha. You see.  It's normal.  LOL

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rolotilmase,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines