• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profile for AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens?

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud (up-to-date) with Lightroom CC 2015.12 and recently bought an AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens. Adobe have not yet created a lens profile for it and I was wondering if anyone has created their own one yet? I have searched, but drew a blank. I use the camera daily and it is taking me ages to do corrections. The process of creating my own profile seems way too complicated and time consuming and no doubt one will be available reasonably soon (I hope). Can anyone suggest how to get this addressed urgently with Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Hi Dadshade,

I understand that you are looking for the lens profile for AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens. If it's newly launched lens then you have to wait for at least couple of Lightroom updates. You can create your own lens profile, refer the document: Create your own Lens Profiles « Julieanne Kost's Blog  & Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Also, you can do the feature request for the same. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dadshade,

I understand that you are looking for the lens profile for AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens. If it's newly launched lens then you have to wait for at least couple of Lightroom updates. You can create your own lens profile, refer the document: Create your own Lens Profiles « Julieanne Kost's Blog  & Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Also, you can do the feature request for the same. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying Mohit. I can't post on the Feature Request/Bug Report Forum. Even though I am signed in, the form does not have a "post button" and instead has a "sign in" button where the post button should be. Therefore I cannot post my request even though I am signed in.

Can I ask that you PLEASE escalate this to the engineers on my behalf for their attention? I do not have the time or expertise to create a profile myself.

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Regards,

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom does have a profile the Nikon AF-S DX 10-24 F3.5/4.5 ED lens. It is not perfect but does help both distortion and vignetting on the newer 10-20 DX lens. For now, I am using this profile until the actual one is includeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm also using that one for now. I really hope Adobe create one

soon. I don't see why we should have to compromise or spend our valuable

time creating one when that's what we pay them for. I appreciate your

taking the time to answer my query though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also purchased the new Nikon 10-20 mm lens and was hoping for a profile in this update. I may not be as particular as you, but I have been using the tools in the Transform Section to make corrections and haven't found it all that difficult. With as many new lenses that are being introduced I think you are being a little shortsighted to be blaming Adobe for not immediately meeting your demands. Your new little lens isn't the only new kid on the block.        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was released in May. I process on average 60 to 70 photographs shot with

this lens per day. Maybe not as much as some, but manual lens profile

adjustments add a lot of extra time to my workflow. Anyway, I'll just have

to wait (and keep paying)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dadshade  wrote

It was released in May. I process on average 60 to 70 photographs shot with

this lens per day. Maybe not as much as some, but manual lens profile

adjustments add a lot of extra time to my workflow. Anyway, I'll just have

to wait (and keep paying)

Maybe your experience is different from mine. I have found certain adjustments are pretty consistent so I created a preset to apply those adjustments and then I can tweak as needed. It really doesn't take that long to fine tune. Wide-angle lenses can create challenges under the best of conditions. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this little lens. Still trying to really understand it. And I would like a profile to start from. I don't know if I really want to go to bother creating my own. Still thinking about that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed after downloading recent images taken with the 10-20 dx zoom on my D500 that they seem underexposed a little. This lens may need an extra +1/3 or +2/3 stop exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lens profile isn't going to compensate for that. I find that it's necessary to learn how each lens is going to perform with the camera. Some lenses require exposure compensation while others don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that the lens profile won't compensate for exposure, but you can add + exposure during capture, use the lFine Tune Optimal Exposure menu item b7 (on the Nikon D500) or make a preset that includes the lens correction along with the added exposure which can both be applied after import. You can easily do this while still in the library module by going to the "Quick Develop" dropdown and look for your created Preset. If you select all images made with the 10-20 lens then the correction adjusts them all at once. It may not always be perfect, but does get most things close and individual images can be altered as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. I still have a lot to learn using the wide-angle lens. I have shot everything from scenery (including horizons with fluffy clouds) to kids in the wading pool to family around a birthday cake. Even tried a few panorama photos. Found a few things at work and a lot of things that don't. But I do like the lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines