• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager failing, updates failing, direct downloads failing

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently working in Photoshop CS5 on Mac OS X Sierra and I'm needing to update Camera Raw and can't through the Adobe Application Manager (it either says that I'm already running the Application Manager or, if I can make it to the visible updates, fails to update).

Tried downloading the Camera Raw 6.7.1 update from Adobe directly and my computer comes up with error messages saying that the installer is no longer authenticated. Tried to override, and now nothing happens when I try to open the installer.

I've tried every solution I can find!

Please help, I'm exasperated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Have you tried running the Adobe Patch Installer (see below the download information in this link -- I'm thinking you might have already tried that?):
Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

I'm not sure if these installers are still compatible with Max OSX Sierra.

If you need this version of Camera Raw for processing of you digital camera files, you could look at an alternate by installing the Digital Negative Converter instead.  Not sure if that helps as workaround? See: Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if installing the latest adobe application manager and then using Help>Updates from within photoshop cs5 works.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

If that doesn't work you have to download the updates like camera 6.7.1 and the photoshop cs5 12.0.4 update and follow the directions on the following page under Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating the Adobe Application Manager did not seem to do anything. Help > Updates still yielded the same error.

I tried downloading the Camera Raw 6.7.1 again and installing with the instructions on that page, but it did not work. This was what came up on the Terminal.

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 12.10.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this on Apple support forums: deprecated on 10.7 and later |Official Apple Support Communities ​

IOW: it looks like you've run-into a compatibility issue using an older (now unsupported software version) on OSX Sierra.

In all honesty, I can't see Adobe fixing the installer for the version you are using as it's quite old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Terminal installer? See Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)​ which was posted in an earlier response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried using the Terminal installer, the image I posted was the results of using that method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First update the AAM  Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager and hopefully you can update using Help > Updates in Photoshop.

Since some of these older installers may not run directly in Sierra, use the Terminal method outlined here:

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes adobe has a process running so it can not run another. I would try restarting your system. You could also looking to the Activity Monitor and Force Quit Adobe Processes. If that does not fix the problem reboot is Safe Boot Mode. This will clean out corrupted caches. Once it restarts shut it down and restart again. Here is a link for troubleshooting errors:

Error downloading or updating Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running the Adobe Patch Installer (see below the download information in this link -- I'm thinking you might have already tried that?):
Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

I'm not sure if these installers are still compatible with Max OSX Sierra.

If you need this version of Camera Raw for processing of you digital camera files, you could look at an alternate by installing the Digital Negative Converter instead.  Not sure if that helps as workaround? See: Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the Digital Negative Converter and it's a great workaround. If I can't update the Camera Raw software, I'm happy to be able to edit my raw images at least. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go System>Preferences>Security & Privacy>Allow apps downloaded from>App store and identified developers, does Help>Updates from within photoshop cs5 work then?

ap.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that doesn't work, using terminal to install the camera raw 6.7.1 update definitely

works on mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 as shown below on a fresh install of photoshop cs5 on mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

You just have to right click on the AdobePatchInstaller.app, click on Show Package Contents and

drag the AdobePatchInstaller in Contents>MacOS to Terminal

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

cr-1.jpg

cr-2.jpg

cr-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines