• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not save file to Lightroom

Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend is running CC with all updates installed on an I-Mac. He selects a raw photo in Lightroom and opens it in Photoshop. He then edits the photo using a Photoshop plugin such as Topaz Simplify. When he chooses File > Save from the menu sometimes the file is saved in the folder with the raw file and the newly created .psd file is entered in the Lightroom catalog as it should be. Other times the file save dialog appears prompting him for a name and location to save the newly created .psd. Even if he accepts the default name and location the new .psd file is not entered into the Lightroom catalog. He must synchronize the folder to get the photo into the LR catalog. It is as though Photoshop sometimes forgets that the photo was opened from LR. This guy is not dreaming. I have watched this happen on his Mac. I am running CC on Win 10 Pro and have never seen this happen. What is causing this behavior and how can we fix the problem? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Hi Bazsl,

This issue usually occurs when you click on save as instead of save and Photoshop asks for the name and location to save the file. If you sure that Photoshop doing the same thing when you click on save then you may try resetting the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bazsl,

This issue usually occurs when you click on save as instead of save and Photoshop asks for the name and location to save the file. If you sure that Photoshop doing the same thing when you click on save then you may try resetting the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hve this going on I click on (save) but Photoshop change it to (Save as)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines