• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - why is an edited symbol not updating universally?

Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my XD document I have a date on each page that I have created a symbol for so it can be easily amended before sending to the client.

However, when I go to edit the date text, it is now not changing across the board (it is not ungrouped and retains the green symbol box). It was working previously...

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

This is most likely caused by the recent "Symbol override" feature. Text and bitmap changes can now be edited per symbol instance.

In your case, you should be able to right-click the date symbol instance you'd like to propagate and select "Update All Symbols." That should update all other instances of that date symbol with the text of the instance you selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most likely caused by the recent "Symbol override" feature. Text and bitmap changes can now be edited per symbol instance.

In your case, you should be able to right-click the date symbol instance you'd like to propagate and select "Update All Symbols." That should update all other instances of that date symbol with the text of the instance you selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

FYI.... I use a MacBook Pro with a Wacom tablet and pen.

Instead of right-click, you select Control and click the symbol and the menu comes up with the option to Update All Symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines