• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make Lightroom faster by having two CPU?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard some programs can run faster by having two CPUs, can Lightroom do that also?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

You'll have to search the forums, but there are certainly reports of a bug where Lightroom does not perform well with dual Xeon processors.

Lightroom also doesn't perform well (for some people) on CPUs with greater than 4 cores, so you might want to find the fastest 4 core processor you can find.

But honestly, this is all beating around the bush ... why do you want more speed? Exactly what actions in LR are slow? Please be very specific. Some things will not be sped up by a faster CPU, while other

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, two CPU's are faster but a single CPU overclocked is the fastest?

Watch this and then decide...

Lightroom Performance Test Shootout - Single vs Dual CPU, Hard Drive Configurations, More! - YouTube

Snapper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to search the forums, but there are certainly reports of a bug where Lightroom does not perform well with dual Xeon processors.

Lightroom also doesn't perform well (for some people) on CPUs with greater than 4 cores, so you might want to find the fastest 4 core processor you can find.

But honestly, this is all beating around the bush ... why do you want more speed? Exactly what actions in LR are slow? Please be very specific. Some things will not be sped up by a faster CPU, while other things will be sped up by a faster CPU. So ... tell us ... what is slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Mainly is the development module gets incredibly slow to load and respond when editing 10 pictures+

computer spec:

Xeon E5 2620 V4

32gb DDR4 ram

1070 8gb graphic card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing lots of brushing and/or lots of spot healing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No brushing or masking at all, just adjusting highlights/shadow, white balance and curves.  Since I am using 2x Xeon E5 2620 CPUs, and my friends doesn't have the same problem with an i7 processor. I suspect it's something to do with LR compatibility with dual CPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you really ought to search the forum and see if anyone has a solution for this problem with dual Xeon processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines