Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom update 4.4 does not download

Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an (admittedly old) installation of Lightroom 4.1. After re-formatting my Win PC and re-installing LR4.1 (German), it comes with the update notification for 4.4. When selecting the "Download" option, the target URL cannot be resolved. The first url call goes to: www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_4_updates_win_de and from thereon, as it does not work, to a generic page.

Taking the manual route https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html and then "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4" does not work either. The Windows download points to a MAC .dmg package.

Where can I get the correct download link?

Thank you, kind regards

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Try this URL: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/win/4.x/Lightroom_4_LS11_win_4_4_1.exe

(I constructed it by pattern-matching the URL for the Mac version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer for you. I have confirmed the anomaly in that link, and have reported the problem on a forum where, hopefully, I will get an answer as to why it is that way. When I receive an answer I will report back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim for picking that one up. For now the "URL hack" works great, would be good to have that officially though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this URL: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/win/4.x/Lightroom_4_LS11_win_4_4_1.exe

(I constructed it by pattern-matching the URL for the Mac version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are smarter man than I, Gunga din.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not smarter -- just been down that path too many times before :-<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super cool, thank you so much, it works like a charm 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you perhaps know how to construct the Mac link as well? They fixed the Windows link and the Mac link is nowhere to be found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, it looks like this is working: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/4.x/Lightroom_4_LS11_mac_4_4_1.dm

(In case anyone else needs Lightroom 4.4 for Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Link is not correct. What ist ist correct Link for LR4.4win, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link was provided over two years ago, and clearly doesn't work any more. I don't think there is a way to download LR 4.4.1. You might try contacting Adobe Support and ask for the link, making EXTREMELY clear to them that you are not asking for techincal support, and that you only want the link to download the software. You also have to make it EXTREMELY clear to them that they cannot refer you to this forum, as we don't have the link. If you get nowhere, ask to speak to a supervisor, or call back and speak to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines