Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom CC 2015 Really slow on exporting and woking with pictures

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a client where two users use Adobe Lightroom CC 2015(Latest version) with the same setup:

HP Zbook 17

- Windows 7 pro 64bit

- 16 GB ram

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

- GPU Quadro K610M

- Main Drive Samsung EVO SSD

Problem:

When working with pictures the program runs slow(1-2 sec delay in every move they make). Longer they use the program, more slower it gets. Lightroom Exports are even more slower. I have tried every fix i found in the internet, but it didnt help. I have tried to reinstall the program, but with no avail. Those problems were'nt there when they used Lightroom 5. They cant use it anymore because the cameras are not supported in lightroom 5. So my question is, is there a way to fix it somehow or do the need new hardware to run it smoothly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU notes for Lightroom CC (2015)​ depending on environment, many GPUs will slow development. Also see Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ  Try turning off GPU support by unchecking the box

macOS:

• Lightroom > Preferences > Performance

Windows:

• Edit > Preferences > Performance

Once you've determined if that helps, see if there's a new driver for your GPU card, install and reenable GPU support and try that.

Not sure whether export figures into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried turning off GPU support that didnt help, also the GPU driver is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing a lot of brushing and/or spot healing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define alot but yes they are using both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to define "a lot" because it depends on the hardware, the size of the monitor and the size of the image. Nevertheless, doing "a lot" of brushing and/or spot healing is known to cause Lightroom to slow down, and IMHO it is a weakness of the overall Lightroom non-destructive concept.

One way to test if brushing and/or spot healing is the culprit is to start a new catalog, import some (not real work) photos, edit them but do NO brushing or spot healing, and see if the speed is acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that and let you know if it worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not using  brushing and/or spot healing. Second problem is that when working with video's its hard to finish them because videos are not running smoothly. We are talking about drone 4K videos (This is with premiere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell us what size the screen is (in pixels, not inches).

Please tell us what size the original photos are (in pixels, not megabytes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines