Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Keywords are missing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom 2015.10

Today I open LM and many photos I've spent months keywording are missing.  I'm loading several backup catalogs and they are missing the keywords as well.

Any suggestions on recovering months of keywording?

Thanks, Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

HI Ken,

Keywords are stored directly in the catalog itself. However, it's not clear from your post if the keywords are missing, or the photos are missing? You said "many photos I've spent months keywording are missing."

If the photos are there but are not keyworded, is it possible you opened the wrong catalog? You can go to File > Open Recent, and see a list of recently used catalogs. Is it possible your keywording was done in a different catalog from the one you're using now?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

We're sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

A newer version of Lightroom is now available. Please update Lightroom to version 6.12 and let us know if that helps. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Its definitely a weird suggestion, but have you restarted your computer since the problem appeared?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, I have updated LR but my keywords on many photos are missing.  Seems I need to reenter keywords,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Asash, the photos are not missing, just some keywords but not all.  Something weird happen and seems I need to re-enter the keywords all over again.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ken,

Keywords are stored directly in the catalog itself. However, it's not clear from your post if the keywords are missing, or the photos are missing? You said "many photos I've spent months keywording are missing."

If the photos are there but are not keyworded, is it possible you opened the wrong catalog? You can go to File > Open Recent, and see a list of recently used catalogs. Is it possible your keywording was done in a different catalog from the one you're using now?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines