• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k export should be around 13 GB but ends up in 0,3 GB and worse quality then HD export

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a movie and now I want to Export it in 4k. When I exporteted it in HD, there was no problem and the file was about 2,3 Gb. Now I want to export it in 4k. It says thet the file should be about 13 GB, but after exporting it is just 0,3 GB and a worse quality than the HD Export.

I tried it with standart 4k export settings for Computer and TV (always in about 30 fps).
(I am using Premiere Elements 15)

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large an output file is depends on the settings used to create it.

What are the specs of your original raw footage?

What are the settings of your Premiere Elements project (Listed under the Edit menu, under Project Settings/General)?

Which Export & Share settings did you select?

Can you share your output via DropBox so we can crack it open and see what its specs are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recording with a dji mavic pro drone and I recorded in standart settings, means 4k and about 30 fps.

I don't know  the settings of myPremiere Elements projectbut I know that I haven't changed anything.

I exportet in 4k 3840 x 2160, for TV and Computer with the highest Quality.

As I said, this look worse than exporting in HD 1920 x 1080, also highest quality.

I hope These informations are enought to help me, otherwise, I had to be fine with HD 1920 x 1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to know your Premiere Elements project settings.

If you import 4K into a standard definition or even high-def project, you're going to get a pretty awful looking 4k video output.

What are your Premiere Elements project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, bout I don't know how to find the project settings out. How can you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, under the Edit menu, you'll find Project Settings. The settings are listed on the General page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I now know the issue. The problem is, that these settings are set on 1920 x 1080 Frames.

Is this why the 4k Export is not working correctly?

I can't change these settings so I guess I had to create a new project.

Can I kind of copy the timeline into the new project to have it at the end in 4k or would I have to do the whole cutting again?

Thank you, and I hope this will put an end to my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you'll need to start a new project and select the settings for 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines