• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font printing differently between Indesign files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on an Annual Report and using last years as a basic template. Last years was created by a different designer in my department on a different, but an identical machine. On screen, everything looks fine, but when I print (directly from InDesign) there are certain weights of our font that do not print correctly - instead, they print in a default font. I grab that text box, put in a brand new file, print, and everything comes out fine. Why is this happening? I could easily create a new file for this year's Report, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this issue and endless Google and forum searches have come up with nothing that directly addresses this problem. Help!

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

maybe in print options of indesign's old file you have "None"?

screen_indesign7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe in print options of indesign's old file you have "None"?

screen_indesign7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for directing me there! The "Download PPD Fonts" was unchecked in the old file for some reason. Simply checking it solves the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines