• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classes in Photoshop [Is there an equivalent to CSS classes in Ps?]

Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CSS there is a way to define a class which it will effect all layers applied to it, even when the layer or class is changed.

Example, I could have a class boarder on a photo that is 2pt width and a gradient and apply it to fifteen photos. All that I would need to do if I wanted the boarder to be 4pt instead of 2pt is change the class updating all the fifteen photos instantly.

Within photoshop, my understanding is I would have to manually go back to those fifteen photos and update them one by one..

Does photoshop support such classes?

There is support for CSS but it deals with generating outputted code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within photoshop, my understanding is I would have to manually go back to those fifteen photos and update them one by one..

Not quite; you could adjust the Layer Style on one Layer, »Copy Layer Style«, select all the affected Layers and »Paste Layer Style«.

Some of this could be automated through Scripting but Photoshop is still a pixel-oriented image editor, so not all features one my be accustomed to in other contexts make sense here or, even if they do, may not have been implemented yet …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After digging. Ive found a workaround which I think is exactly what I looked for. Creating a style. Opening up the style window window>style, select all the layers I want to be affected, drag and drop the style that I just created from the style window onto the selected layers and applying any changes.

If I have multiple layers scattered throughout sometimes hundreds of layers in groups, I just need to make sure I rename the layer names to sometime like pic1 pic2 pic3... or color group them. Then I can use the search to easily locate and isolate to be able to select all affecting layers.

It would be great to have dynamic styles where I could update the style within the style window and it would change all applied layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you would like to add your support to an existing Feature Request:

Photoshop: Updating (and linking) colors and layer styles in a library | Photoshop Family Customer C...

But feel free to search that site, maybe some other Request that reflects your intentions better exists, and if not you could start a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines