• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get Organizer to recognize separate clips in movie

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PE15. I have a home movie on the hard drive. After splitting the movie into 3 separate clips, and renaming each clip individually, how can I get the Organizer to recognize each renamed clip?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the separate clips three separate video files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - this is one long clip - and I have already purchased and read your book and watched your YouTube videos, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for supporting the books, sjf!

Meantime, know that, if you have one long video clip, the Organizer sees one long video clip. Even if you've broken it into sub-clips in Premiere Elements, it's still just one video in the Organizer.

You say you split them into 3 separate clips and renamed them. How and where did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was all done in a video project. I have not exported the individual, renamed clips back onto the hard drive yet - because it seems that would take up a lot of space, having one long original clip and then 3 separate clips - unless you suggest doing just that, and then deleting the long clip - ultimately, my problem might be space on hard drive - using a brand new MAC with 2TB of memory, but I have 76 full length DVDs of home movies that ultimately have to be stored on hard drive, since they are in VOB format, and it looks like PE15 does not recognize that - not to mention using new external Apple SuperDrive DVD and PE15 does not recognize this hardware yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements will indeed edit VOB files.

And, yes, if you want the Organizer to see separate video clips, you'll have to output each segment of the longer clip as individual clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the advice, Steve. Your book has been invaluable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines