• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bypassing zoom limits

Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a banner of size 100 inches by 180 inches. I want to zoom below 5 percent so that I am able to see the page in full height. But InDesign won't let me do so. What can I do to bypass this limit without resizing my document to a smaller size (in order to see full height) and increasing the size later?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

What can I do to bypass this limit without resizing my document to a smaller size (in order to see full height) and increasing the size later?

Have you tried Screen Mode>Presentation?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a 640 x 480 pixel screen? Or do you have your main InDesign window set very small?

To see an entire 100' x 180' page, I don't have to scale any less than 10% (if it's portrait) or 17% (if it's landscape). But that's on a 2560 x 1440 pixel screen, and with the InDesign window scaled to the full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/%5BJongware%5D  wrote

Are you working on a 640 x 480 pixel screen? Or do you have your main InDesign window set very small?

To see an entire 100' x 180' page, I don't have to scale any less than 10% (if it's portrait) or 17% (if it's landscape). But that's on a 2560 x 1440 pixel screen, and with the InDesign window scaled to the full screen.

I am working on 1280x720 pixel screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on 1280x720 pixel screen.

Starting with CS6 the zoom level is based on the print output dimension and not the monitor resolution. InDesign goes to your system and gets the monitor info to set the 100% view so that the 1" displayed on your rulers will physically measure 1". Prior to CS6 the 100% view was 1:1 ratio of your monitor to image pixels—same as Photoshop—and on most displays the 100% zoom view was smaller than the actual output size.

So at 180" you would need 9" of physical monitor space to display the full page at 5% (180 x .05).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

I tested this on my old 15,4-Inch (1440 x 900) MacBook Pro with a 100" x 180" page.

I was able to bypass the 5 % zoom limit by using cmd + 0 to show the whole page in "Normal View".

InDesign CS6 8.1.0 on OS X 10.11.6.

ZoomLevel-3.2%.png

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see the same thing in CC2014. I can never get to less than 3.3% using Command-0, and I can't manually select a 3.3% zoom via the GUI or scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank Uwe, this worked for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I do to bypass this limit without resizing my document to a smaller size (in order to see full height) and increasing the size later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/rob+day  wrote

Oh!! Thanks a lot!! I have used this mode a lot in the past and could not think of it as a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines