• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when preview.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Anybody know how to solve this problem? When doing preview, AE will freeze and crash.

My environment is macOS Sierra version 10.12.5 on MacBook Air mid 2011. CPU 1.7GHZ intel Core i5, memory 4G 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384MB. AE version is CC2017.

When I drag on timeline bar, it shows every frame. But when I click and start preview triangle button, previewing starts and Mac spinning rainbow circle also starts. Previewing loops and doesn't stop even I click space bar or esc key, so on.

And when I see "force quit application", I know AE crash.

Probably something related to OPENGL or anything else???

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're trying to run AE on just 4 gigs of memory?  That's your problem right there -- you need 8 gigs to get it to run right, and it's a lot better to have 16.

It really does help to check out the system requirements before you just assume a poece of software is going to work, y'know.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  I agree with my MBA 4g memory is too small.  However, sorry I did not write down this, my friend's iMac shows same freeze problem when reviewing.   That iMac has mid 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3, Memory 16GB 1333MHz DDR3, Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB.  Memory 16GB could be enough.  Probably Graphic memory 256MB is too small?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics memory shouldn't matter.

How long is your composition?

What is in your composition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marb,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I am facing the same problems. but I have an i9 14 core skyline X, 64gb ram, 2 x GTX 1080ti, 2TB ssd... I was having huge problems with Nvidia drivers in High Sierra and reverted to Sierra 10.12.6 to utilise the pascal and cuda drivers... but now every time I try to preview the system saves a copy and crashes. MY cuda drivers are working perfect and redering bench marks gave me 100+fps... so power is not a problem... I also have video copilot, Red Giant, Stardust, motion builder, etc installed. I then uninstalled after effects and all plugins to see if I open just a plain video project whether it was some problem with my plugins... but never the less the same happened. please I am desperate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines