• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ridiculous Render Times

Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started trying to render this 30 second project using AME. But, it got about halfway through and then hung the program. ("AME not responding")

So, I used AE's built-in renderer... and it is taking FOR. EV. ER.

Project: The AEP is a 2MB file, 30-sec kinetic text motion graphic. It has been rendering for is 17 minutes, with an estimate of 20 minutes remaining.

There are only text layers and vector graphics, which are all native vector shape layers.

There are no expressions or effects. The only motion is keyframed scale bounces and position moves for some of the text objects with layer motion blur.

Why is this taking so long?

Machine:

Mac Pro Sierra 10.12.6

3.5GHz Xeon E5 processor

32GB RAM

Here is a screenshot of my Activity Monitor—how does it use 242% of my CPU?

(nevermind... apparently 116kb PNG and JPG files are forbidden file types !?

Here's a link?

https://imgur.com/Mpgow

Mpgow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description leads me to believe you're using ray-tracing, which is EXTREMELY slow.  Ray tracing has been supplanted in AE by the much speedier C4D Lite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D!!! we do put some of the layers on different z-axis for parallax effect... Is that what's causing the choke?

Not sure how I would replicate what I'm doing with text layers with C4D....

Same thing happened in AME... does that also use ray trace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using 3D extrusions without the aid of C4D Lite, that's the render time-suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition > Composition settings.

click on the '3D renderer' tab

set the renderer to 'Classic 3D' or CINEMA 4D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike (and Dave),

Just checked—I had my render engine set to "Classic".

I saw too that when I chose C4D, it stresses the extrusions Dave mentioned above, but also disables a lot of stuff like blend modes, track mattes, and masks (which we are using some masking).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bryan.gough,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kevin, thanks for checking in. We did not figure out why it was taking so long. I believe it was just a very tall pre comp (vertically 3x as big as the final comp) that we panned through. It had 3-D layers in it... To solve our project render time, we pre-rendered that comp and brought it in as .mov footage. Much faster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines