• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will adding an additional 32GB RAM significantly expedite export/render?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to export a large video file via H.265 in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (up to date). Render is estimating a whopping 864 hours, would adding an additional 32GB RAM make a significant difference in expediting render/export time?

Current specs: Late 2013 MacPro, 32GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Ram, 3.5 GHz 6-core E5

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it very much.

I do not know the insides of  MacPro's well but I might guess that you might be able add another Xeon processor or check on upgrading that 6-core CPU to something with more cores. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing that that late 2013 Mac Pro is one of the newer "trashcan" models, you will not see much if any improvement in performance no matter what you do. This is because 64GB of RAM produces little tangible benefit over 32GB in Premiere Pro, and the Mac Pro's motherboard can only accommodate a single CPU - period. Plus, the GPUs are integrated onto the motherboard, and thus cannot be upgraded at all.

Worst of all, the newer Mac Pro's innards are mostly non-user-accessible. This means that you will not be able to access the CPU without special proprietary tools that few people have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Randall for giving us the straight scoop! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just read your PM. The CPU is technically replaceable/upgradeable (as that article stated), but (as with any OEM system) will void the original warranty once that is performed. I stand corrected.

Still, that late-2013 Mac has only one CPU socket on its motherboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines