• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC with bookmarks and return links in Adobe Reader DC?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app, a training program written in Visual Basic, invokes Acrobat Reader DC to call a TOC.  The TOC has bookmarks and return links to go to and from a set of Lab Exercises, all in the same folder as the TOC.  Bookmarks and Links were created with Adobe Acrobat DC.

On my Windows 7/64 machine, the installed version of the app works fine, including the TOC call and the links to-and-from Lab Exercises.

My Windows 10/64 machine (with MS Edge) has the identical installed version of the app. When the TOC is called, first a MS Edge window is displayed, then the TOC is displayed, but THE BOOKMARK-LINKAGE MECHANISM to access Lab Exercises IS NOT VISIBLE.  Note that these machines use identical installation versions of the App, which includes the pdf files with the bookmarks and links.

I want to see the same behavior on both the Win 7 and Win 10 machines.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I accomplish this.

Hal W

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure Acrobat Reader, not Edge, is the default PDF viewer. Edge is a very limited PDF viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  That did the trick.

Hal W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines