• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector image has noticeable line after continuously rasterizing

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the puppet tool in the past and I know that it has a tendency to leave an unwanted line around certain areas, but I get it mostly when the puppet I am using is in a precomp that changes position. I used the puppet tool to bend this vehicle forward a bit to make it look like a sudden stop. Without the continuous rasterization the truck looks very blurry, but as soon as I rasterize it the line shows up. I have since removed the puppet tool to all layers but this line remains. Where the layer begins its motion there are no errors, but as it moves into place it sorta runs through this line.Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 2.45.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-26 at 2.45.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-26 at 2.45.53 PM.png

I have given up on using the puppet tool with moving vector images like that because it causes way too many problems, but I'm not sure if this is something left over from the puppet tool or something entirely new.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Puppet+continously rasterise = no good. It's written in the help files about puppet and discussed on countless threads in the forum. seek and you shall find..,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try to render your movie The line may not appear in the final movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it carries through to the export. The same happens with the blurriness before continuously rasterizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puppet+continously rasterise = no good. It's written in the help files about puppet and discussed on countless threads in the forum. seek and you shall find..,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok.

My main concern now is that line is leftover from a puppet effect that is now no longer active, so there is now no conflict with the puppet and rasterize, but it still persists.

Are there alternative methods to animate a vector object in after effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My main concern now is that line is leftover from a puppet effect that is now no longer active

purge the memory and check again.

Are there alternative methods to animate a vector object in after effects?

you mean - use puppet on a vector layer. yes, don't hit the switch. just make it large enough from the start so you won't need it, or hit the switch, make it as large as you need it, then precomp and don't hit the switch, and use puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another suggestion might be to check the original Illustrator file to see if there might be some weird remnant causing the line. Maybe the continuous rasterization is bringing it out. (Hopefully)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines