• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Adobe Flash Professional CS6 to Animate 2017

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Flash since the first version by Macromedia.

I have hundreds and hundreds of drawings made in Flash. My drawing program of choice.

The current version I own is Adobe Flash Professional CS6 V 12.0.0.481.

Two questions … if I upgrade:

1. Will my old drawings open and be editable in Adobe Animate CC?

2. Will programmed interactive files still be editable and function?

For examples of what I mean by interactive …please see:

http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/dictionary.html. Most load in swf files of this site contain some sort of interactivity.

See also: http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/mathsCharts.html

Any assistance re backwards compatibility for my kind of work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

You can keep both CS6 and Animate installed. As part of Create Cloud subscription you can even download CS6 if you don't have it.

CS6 had some features that are not around anymore. There was a Deco tool, TLF text type, an older version of IK bones, and it could support ActionScript 2.

Aside from those, everything should be editable and work ok in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep both CS6 and Animate installed. As part of Create Cloud subscription you can even download CS6 if you don't have it.

CS6 had some features that are not around anymore. There was a Deco tool, TLF text type, an older version of IK bones, and it could support ActionScript 2.

Aside from those, everything should be editable and work ok in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Colin. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True the Deco tool is gone but I always go back and use it in CS 6 because as Colin said you can have both installed at the same time on your system. I create what i want in CS6 and then copy the generated files to CC 2017 which works fine because there's no code in generated Deco tool files AFTER they've been created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines