• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started having a problem today.  When I try to open a file in PS from the RAW processor I just get a black screen in PS.  When I open an older file I get what looks like a blank layer.  When I open a file the file name appears at upper left as it should but nothing displays.  I reinstalled but nothing changes.  I have the most recent versions of Bridge, RAW and PS.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera are the raw files from?

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon 5D Mark II

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well those work fine on a good install.  Which OS?

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Can anyone help with information on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok- Which OS are you using? Which Camera are you using? What version of Photoshop and which version of Camera Raw?

Answer these and people can help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is Windows 10, Cameras Nikon D810 & D500 Newest version of CC just updated this morning, as well as Camera Raw did an update today as well. I can see the image in Camera Raw as well as in my plug-in's but it is only a black image in CC.

Any advice

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe my Windows 10 updated since my last use of CC.  I just updated the driver on my  graphics card and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the common thread here is Win 10.  Since I have seen issues with WCS and PS before it may be the OS update. 

Since we can not control that or repair it, we can only look to Adobe for a possible break after the OS update. 

Uninstall all of your Adobe CC applications, and run http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Then reinstall your apps.  If that doesn't solve the issue then I'd contact Microsoft support to report the WCS bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , nothing has worked so far, I guess I will just have to wait for another update from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since shortly i also encounter problems with a black screen, intermittently being displayed for JPG's exported from Lightroom CC.

sometimes i can bypass by using VENSTER/ORDENEN (i presume Window/arrange) and opt for a new window for the effected image.

Sometimes that works, sometimes not because of another black screen being displayed (the layer pallet correctly shows the image).

After editing the image with Elements Photoshop can display it, but sometimes the black screen remains

I am very much in doubt weather this is a Lightroom or Photoshop problem, but it surely causes a lot of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a different message i noted that some suggested the following for Windows 10

go to Preference/Performance/Advanced

change the drawing mode to Basis.

is it worth trying ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears this is a Windows 10 issue, so yes I'd look there first.  As far as the Prefs go, do try it for sure.  If it works then you have a hack fix that keeps you going. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines