Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems tagging links for accessibility

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this, I have been searching and can not find the answer online.

I have been tagging a document for accessibility, however I am having problems tagging links that occur in a paragraph.

For example, I am working with a paragraph:

"Want to learn more? The National Park Service website,

www.nps.gov, connects you to amazing vistas, educational

opportunities, current news, and events happening in parks

across the nation. To find us, go to www.nps.gov/kewe."

I have tried to tag this two different ways. First I tried to tag from scratch, so I selected the text "Want to learn more? The National Park Service website," and tagged it as a paragraph, then I selected "www.nps.gov" and tagged it with the Create Tag from Selection command. I tagged it as a link. However, it does not create the Link - OBJR tag, and it also includes the comma after the address even though I do not select the comma. (don't know if this would create problems with the link) I then tried to add the OBJR tag by using the Find - Unmarked Links command, but it does not find any unmarked links.

I also tried to use the Add Tags to Document command: that resulted in a tag structure that looks like this:

<P>

Want to learn more?...

<Link>

Link - OBJR

www.nps.gov, connects you to ....

opportunities, current news, and ...

<Link>

Link - OBJR

www.nps.gov/kewe

It seems to me that the links should be by themselves: for example, the link that has the text "www.nps.gov, connects you to ...." should just be "www.nps.gov"

I appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Since the Find - Unmarked Links command did not work, the link annotation may not exist - although it may appear to exist if you have the Create Links from URLs option selected in the General Preferences. To create the link annotation, select the applicable text then right-click and select Create Link. This will usually create the proper link tag structure. If you want full ISO 14289 (PDF Universal Accessibility) conformance, you will also need to add an alternate description to the Contents key

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Find - Unmarked Links command did not work, the link annotation may not exist - although it may appear to exist if you have the Create Links from URLs option selected in the General Preferences. To create the link annotation, select the applicable text then right-click and select Create Link. This will usually create the proper link tag structure. If you want full ISO 14289 (PDF Universal Accessibility) conformance, you will also need to add an alternate description to the Contents key (not the Alt text field) - see https://taggedpdf.com/508-pdf-help-center/alternative-description-missing-for-an-annotation/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I was able to create the OBJR tag. The link tag still has the comma after the link, so it says: "www.nps.gov," instead of "www.nps.gov". Do you know how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either (1) Don't worry about it. It is very common and not a big deal. Or, (2) Using TURO, select and tag the comma and everything in the paragraph after it as a separate paragraph, then drag the content out of the new <P> into the old <P> after the <Link>, then delete the new, now empty <P>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines