• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2017 CC 14.2.1.34 frequently "not responding".

Participant ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Ever since I upgraded to the 2017 release, AE keeps intermittently hanging and "not responding." It doesn't matter what project I'm working on...it happens in all of them, even new ones with just a couple of simple text layers. I don't see any pattern to the behavior...it just suddenly freezes on me. If I wait long enough (a couple of minutes) AE usually recovers and works fine again for another few minutes or so until it happens again. I didn't have this problem with version 2016.

System Basics

GeForce GTX 1060 (latest drivers)

Windows 10 Pro

32 GB Ram

Intel 17-3770

SSD drive for OS and Disk Cache (plenty of space)

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance,

Lori

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave your performance monitor running while the hangs occur. I'll bet you see some spikes in usage from some driver or a specific process. Also of course check your event viewer. Perhaps these are some "silent crashes" of something in the background that drag the system down.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lorilinstruth,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

It's an intermittent problem, so it's been frustrating to troubleshoot. I actually got on the Adobe chat the other day and shared my screen with the service rep. He deleted the Media Cache folders and then cleared the cache in AE. Since then it seems better, but I'm still getting more crashing/not-responding problems than I had with 2016 (which was pretty darn stable!).

I've tried keeping tabs on the system activity, but as I'm usually working hard with deep concentration when this happens, it's not been easy to spot things. When I get the "not responding" problem, it doesn't seem that the CPU or RAM or Discs are maxing out.

I don't know how to use the "event viewer" that Mylenium suggested...I can start it, but don't know where to begin to look.

I'll get back in here if I find anything useful or definitive. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lorlinstruth,

You may want to get back in touch with support and let them know the fix didn't work. Let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines