• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open DRM books from PC in reader (Icarus Illumina)

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open certain DRM books which I transfered (via Adobe Digital Editions) from my PC to my e-book-reader, because they are "encrypted" (original message: "verschlüsselte Daten"). Both devices are activated with the same Adobe ID, I double checked that (even deleted and re-authorized). I tried downloading a new ebook directly from Download-Link to the reader but failed (i.e. it didn't download/open the URLLink-1.acsm file).

As I can open certain other DRM books, I checked the file information and found the following (translated from German to English):

licenced for: [my Adobe ID]

Show (read?): on every device

copy: not allowed

printing: not allowed

Does that mean, I can read the book only on my PC (the only way for me to download the books in the first place)? That would be so disappointing and annoying. Who wants to read 1000 pages on PC, when you have an e-book-reader... I don't even want to copy the book, just TRANSFER to original file to my reader.

Help, anyone?! I'm despairing, having read and tried everything I found on the topic during the last five hours...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem. I loaded ADE on my computer at the university without any specific code (such as Adobe ID). That worked fine for the two ACSM files I was trying to open. But when I loaded ADE on my computer at home I used the Adobe ID code, and it would not let up upload the two files I uploaded at work. This ability to move back and forth between devices was the very reason why I used ADE in the first place. But apparently, that cannot be done without errors. I'm very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rschase%40chasewebs.com,

Apologies of the inconvenience faced by you,

I have raised an escalation for you, CCRT 59605, you should be contacted shortly, let us know in case of delay of more than 24 hours.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello i have a similar problem, try to contact but could't find a way, try to read everything but did't find anything helpful, i downloaded ADE  logged in with adobe id and logged in on my ereader with my adobe id, on my laptop (where i can download my ebooks only from there) i can read without problems, but on my ereader i can't is not say anything as error, but is without images, all white and say just first page, last page (in 2 pages) i don't know what to do! is hard to read on a laptop...

If someone could help me please....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have exactly same problems with my Icarus Ereader e654. Also authorized both devices (computer and Icarus) with same Adobe ID and i get an error when trying to open an adobe DRM protected book on my ereader. How can i fix this? I also tried to reset my ereader but still have same problem 😕 I tried to open the book with an ereader from a friend (he has a Cybook) and it worked perfectly fine with same Adobe ID informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines