• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing multiple image sources

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a wedding photographer.How do I import images from multiple folders on my computer so that they can be edited and then exported all together in the continuity they were shot? I shoot with 2 cameras with various SD cards and want to import and edit and then finally export the images in the correct order as they were shot. I am currently importing each folder of images into Lightroom separately and exporting separately, so there is no continuity in the order.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Folders are not needed to solve this problem, and using a single folder is a poor choice in this situation. If the two cameras accidentally produce photos with the esxact same file name, you can't put photos from both of these cameras into a single folder. Instead, use a collection inside of Lightroom to hold all the photos from an event and sort by capture time (assuming the clocks on the cameras were synchronized) .

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the clocks set properly in both cameras then you can import the images into a single folder and sort the images by capture time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folders are not needed to solve this problem, and using a single folder is a poor choice in this situation. If the two cameras accidentally produce photos with the esxact same file name, you can't put photos from both of these cameras into a single folder. Instead, use a collection inside of Lightroom to hold all the photos from an event and sort by capture time (assuming the clocks on the cameras were synchronized) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have faced this problem with file numbers. I will try to figure out how to create a collection! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has occurred to me that one of my sentences above is very poorly written and could cause people to misunderstand what I mean, and so I'd like to make it more clear. I said:

Folders are not needed to solve this problem, and using a single folder is a poor choice in this situation.

What I should have said is:

A single folder is not needed to solve this problem, and using a single folder is a poor choice in this situation.

The solution I am recommending is to import each camera's photos into it's own folder -- in other words use multiple folders, one for each camera's photos (so as to not have the problem of photos with the same file name needing to be placed into a single folder), then import all of this into LR, place the total set of photos from this event into a single collection, from which ordering inside of LR will work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines