• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5DM4 Tether - Stuck Transferring from Camera

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with my 5D Mark IV tethering into lightroom. Firmware is updated, Lightroom is updated (CC subscription), downloaded EOS Utility (to see if it helps and even turning it off, doesn't help). I Take a photo and at the top left hand corner of lightroom it says "Transferring from Camera" and nothing happens. It just hangs there. I tried shooting a JPG to see if this helped and at least the photo was uploaded. Camera has an empty CF Card. Not sure if i'm missing anything? I tried using the following article but no luck.

Article: Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I found a solution! Look here: Lightroom: Tether-Aufnahme ohne Kompromisse - YouTube.

You can connect Canon Utility with Lightroom. It`s great! I hope you`ll habe the possibility to translate that video. Otherwise I`ll try to tell you, if you want.

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are using at least Lightroom CC 2015.8? The update process doesn't always work for some users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated to CC 2015.12 but i was hesitant that it didnt work. I went even as far as uninstalling LR and reinstalling. i confirmed through the preferences that its indeed. CC 2015.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with Canon cameras. Consult the manual for the camera and make sure  everything is set properly. And make sure you have a card in the camera. Those are the only suggestions I have for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, hopefully someone here can guide me more. Appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve got the same problem after updating to LR CC2015.12! Everyone has an answer? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got it to work but turn off wifi connection and reinstall LR. preferences. Still testing reliability but I got it to shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for your answer! Reinstall LR? For real??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting your preferences is the worst part. I'm still trying to put everything back to the way it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... yes, therefore I won't do the reset. Which Firmware so you usw for your Canon 5d Mark 4? I'm realy disappointed that it doesn't work. With my Canon 5d Mark 3 I did Not have Problems like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would call adobe and let them trouble shoot then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good! Please let me know, if they have an answer. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I found a solution! Look here: Lightroom: Tether-Aufnahme ohne Kompromisse - YouTube.

You can connect Canon Utility with Lightroom. It`s great! I hope you`ll habe the possibility to translate that video. Otherwise I`ll try to tell you, if you want.

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, if you can please translate that would be really helpful. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After much struggle with this same issue on various computers and with multiple USB cables, the cause I finally discovered was that the Canon EOS Utility was interfering with LR. EOS was autorunning when I connected the Mark IV, and even when closing it, it seems to continue running in the background.  Provided that I fully closed the EOS before opening LR, I finally got the Mark IV to tether in LR.  I've since fully uninstalled the EOS utility and haven't looked back.  Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines